Friday, June 20, 2008

grieving when there hasn't been a death


so many factors can prepare you to the ultimate loss of the privation of life caused by death.

recently a dear friend of mine moved away, the feelings of loss are very similar to those one would feel if in mourning, for the exception I can call her any time I want to hear her voice and similar things... but I have had to adjust to her not being around, it's madding how much I miss her, it's like a little part of me died, and the new part isn't quite ready, nor is it even there for that matter

and thoughts like "what happens when I can't call the person I love and care about? what happens when there is nothing left but a fading memory?" arise and keep me awake at night

I'm not at all concerned with my own death, but that of others I care about, what then?

I guess I should not be distressed by these reflections until the time comes, but none the less... I can't get rid of this sad core that's overshadowing my mind lately

1 comment:

Copen said...

I feel the same way! I am always thinking of you and thinking of when I can get back. I think it's the same when a loved one dies. We all go back to something. I am not sure what that something is but I have had enough experiences to believe that the soul reunites with it's soul mates. Not even death stops that from happening! I have been listening to THE VERVE a lot since I left. One song in particular hit a minor chord with me. It's called "On Your Own" bellow are the lyrics.

Tell me what you've seen
Was it a dream?
Was I in it?
Life seems so obscene
Until it's over
Who knows?

All I want is someone who can fill the hole
In the life I know
In between life and death
When there's nothing left
Do you wanna know?

You come in on your own
And you leave on your own
Forget the lovers you've know
And your friends on your own

Tell me if it's true
That I need you
You are changing
I've seen this road before down on this floor
It is hurting me

All I want is someone
Who can fill the hole
In the life I know
In between life and death
When there's nothing left
Do you want to know?

You come in on your own
And you leave on your own
Forget the lovers you've know
And your friends on your own
You come in on your own
And you leave on your own
Forget the lovers you've know
And your friends you have told

Lies
I've got to get rid of this hole inside
Lies
I've got to get rid of this hole inside
I'm coming in on my own
I'm coming in on my own
I'm coming in on my own
Lies
I've got to get rid of this hole inside
Lies
I've got to get rid of this hole inside
Lies
I've got to get rid of this hole inside...